Recruitment and selection - Team Leader and Team Members:
- Applications open Monday 29 January 2024
- Applications close Monday 26 February 2024 at 9am
- Team Leader interviews - Wednesday 13 March
- Selection day - Saturday 6 April 9am-5pm. Students shortlisted from the Team Leader interviews and from the Team Member applications will be invited.
The following dates are all compulsory.
Training and induction:
- Welcome evening - Wednesday 17 April 5.30-7.30pm
- Training days 1 and 2 - Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 April 10am-4pm
- It Won’t Happen to Me - Tbc
- Training days 3 - Saturday 4 May 10am-4pm
- Training days 4 and 5 - Monday 10 and Tuesday 11 June 10am-4pm
Team Member volunteers will also be required to spend time reaching their fundraising target and do some voluntary preparation in the UK before going out to Rwanda.
Travel to Rwanda:
- Pre-departure meeting - tbc
- Departing from the UK - Saturday 20 July
- Returning to the UK - Sunday 18 August
- Returned volunteers event - Wednesday 25 September 5.30-7.30pm
- On return all volunteers will be required to engage in other returned volunteers’ activity, including writing reports and helping to promote international volunteering to other students.