Funding and fundraising
The project is fully funded for all volunteers.
- In return all Team Members are asked to fundraise a target of £400.
- The Team Leader will be responsible for supporting the team to deliver at least one team fundraising event, and will support the team members to reach their individual targets.
- Fundraising training and support will be provided by Azizi Life, the Team Leader and the University Volunteering Team.
- This will contribute to the project and to the work of Azizi Life, and you’ll be able to see how the money is spent once in-country.
The University of Manchester will:
- Arrange and pay for return flights from the UK to Rwanda.
- Cover the cost of a tourist visa on arrival in Rwanda.
- Facilitate access to the University’s Occupational Health service and pay for the necessary medical vaccinations and anti-malaria tablets.
- Cover the in-country accommodation and meals (i.e. weekday breakfasts and lunches), which will be arranged by Azizi Life.
- Cover the transport from the airport to Muhanga and back, and daily travel to and from the volunteer projects.
- Pay for the in-country support provided by Azizi Life and basic project activity costs.
- Provide insurance cover for the duration of the trip, including emergency evacuation.
Selected volunteers will be responsible for the following expenses:
- Living expenses outside of the volunteer project time, including: evening meals, meals at weekends and leisure activities undertaken in free time.
- Medical expenses incurred that are not covered by medical/health insurance.
- Additional travel, accommodation and expenses related to any time spent in Rwanda before the start of or after the completion of the Volunteer Project.
- Any debts/costs of damages incurred during the course of the Volunteer Project.