Assistant Project Leader role:
This place is available to any University of Manchester student;
- This includes undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- There are no financial criteria attached to this role;
- Students graduating in summer 2019 (before the trip) are eligible, as long as they are not on the payroll of any other employer (e.g. in a full time job) at the time of the trip.
These 14 places are available to undergraduate University of Manchester students who are in any year of study other than their final year, and:
- In receipt of / eligible for the Manchester Bursary (partial or full), details of which can be found here;
- OR on an NHS funded course started pre-2017 with a household income less than £35,000. In order for us to check your eligibility please submit a copy of your NHS financial support letter with your application.
To check if you are in receipt of the Manchester Bursary, you should log on and:
- Select ’Student System’ from the ’Tools’ menu at the top right of the page.
- Go to ‘Campus Finances’ and then ‘View Financial Aid’.
- If you have any queries regarding your Manchester Bursary entitlement please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not eligible:
If you do not meet the eligibility for Team Uganda, don’t worry, you can still…
- Volunteer with one of our Trusted Partners, organisations all over the world looking for volunteers for projects in the summer!
- Find an alternative overseas volunteering opportunity - we have lots of advice to help if you'd like to find your own opportunity.
- Volunteer with SALVE in the UK now, or overseas in summer 2020 (they are planning to have opportunities next summer with no eligibility).
- If you are worried about the costs of volunteering overseas there is lots of help available.