Working closely with staff from the University Volunteering Team and Azizi Life, the Team Leader will provide support and guidance to the team members:
- During pre-departure preparation;
- And on their return to the UK.
The focus of this role in-country is to work alongside the Team Leader from the University of Rwanda and assist the Azizi Life Project Coordinator with project delivery, whilst providing pastoral support to the UK volunteers.
The Team Leader represents the University of Manchester in-country and plays a key role in helping the project to be a success. It is an exciting opportunity to make a unique contribution to the project whilst developing personally and gaining valuable transferable skills and experience.
Team Leader responsibilities
- Work alongside University and Azizi Life staff to ensure full understanding of the project and the work of Azizi Life;
- Support team members with pre-departure preparation and take an active role in training days;
- Support and coordinate the fundraising efforts of team members in order to maximise funds raised, including planning at least one team event;
- Support Team Members in their planning of project activities;
- Manage the social media relating to the project and coordinate inputs.
During the project:
- Work to the Azizi Life Project Coordinator who will provide guidance and support for the role in country;
- Act as the University of Manchester’s representative whilst in Rwanda;
- Support the delivery of in-country orientation and training;
- Provide pastoral and practical support to help the team members to give their best while on the project;
- Spend time with the sub-teams, visiting their projects and providing support;
- Meet with team members to check in with them and monitor progress;
- Help the team to come up with appropriate solutions to issues they might face;
- Keep in touch with the UK staff member and provide feedback on how the project is going;
- Coordinate social media, photographs and the blog;
- Ensure team reports are completed by the deadlines;
- Help to gather feedback on the project.
- Help with post-project communications with Team Members;
- Take an active role in the delivery of the Returned Volunteers event;
- Support the Team Members with their commitments to one ‘action at home’;
- Help to gather feedback and conduct the project evaluation;
- Support the team to complete the necessary feedback and presentations to donors.