Making a Difference Wherever You Are
Thursday 14 October, 10am – 11:30am
Join us on Zoom at: https://zoom.us/j/98374151102
Regardless of whether you want to volunteer in person, online or via the phone, your volunteering will make a difference to people’s lives.
Come to our online session to meet organisations that offer volunteering via various channels (including online, over the phone and in person) enabling you to have a positive impact on the world and make a difference wherever you are located in the world.
On the panel we have representatives from the following organisations, all looking to recruit volunteers in a range of diverse roles:
- Caudwell Children is a national charity that transforms the lives of disabled children across the UK. It acts as a safety net for families who are unable to gain the help they need. Caudwell Children offers a variety of volunteering roles including the role of a Disability Energy Champion Volunteer and providing practical and emotional support to families on a weekly basis via Zoom/Teams and telephone calls.
- Manchester Settlement, a Manchester-based charity rooted in the urban communities of city. Manchester Settlement has existed in varying forms for over a century, delivering an ever-changing palette of services to meet the developing needs of individuals, families and communities. It is currently recruiting for a range of roles including voluntering as a telephone befriender to help people from feeling isolated and lonely.
- RESULTS UK is movement of passionate, committed, everyday people. Together they use their voices to influence political decisions that will bring an end to poverty. RESULTS campaigners receive training, support, and inspiration to become skilled advocates, ultimately learning to effectively advise policy makers, guiding them towards decisions that improve access to education, health, and economic opportunity.
- Tutor The Nation is an educational charity providing disadvantaged children with free online tuition from university students. With your help, it hopes to work with a substantial number of schools that educate children from underprivileged backgrounds. The charity currently works with pupils Year 10-13 as they approach their GCSE and A Level exams.
- Volunteering Matters is a national charity that brings people together to overcome some of society’s most complex issues through the power of volunteering. It partners with communities to overcome adversity, tackling social isolation and loneliness, improving health, developing skills and opportunity and making sure young people can lead change.